We’ve made it easy to create engaging content for all the “Days of the Year” and Holidays for your content calendar!
Click here for a full list of National Days of the Year in 2020.
Use relevant #hashtags to build on nationwide conversations!
Some days of the year have to do with politics or religion. If you choose to post on those days, keep your post vague, inclusive, and positive so as not to make your followers with different beliefs feel uncomfortable.
1 – New Year’s Day
- What is your Business New Year’s Resolution?
- New Year Message – What do you wish for your followers?
- #NewYears2020 #NewYearNewDecade #NewYearsResolution
4 – National Trivia Day
- Ask your followers what their best trivia topic is.
- Share a trivia question related to your business.
14 – National Dress Up Your Pet Day
- Ask your followers if they dress up their pets.
- Share a picture of a dressed-up pet and ask for people to share their pet’s pictures.
20 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Share a MLK Quote that inspires you.
- Participate in a MLK event in your community.
- #MartinLutherKingDay #MLKday
24 – National Compliment Day
- Ask: What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- Challenge your followers to give a compliment and share it!
31 – National Fun at Work Day
- Share a picture or video of your staff having fun at work!
- Ask your followers how they promote fun at work.
- #FunAtWorkDay #NationalFunAtWorkDay
2 – Groundhog Day
- Share what your prediction is!
- Ask a Question: Summer vs Winter?
2 – Superbowl LIV
- Share who you think will win the game.
- Share how you’re celebrating with a picture or video.
- Did you know that using the term “Superbowl” or variations thereof can be considered copyright infringement? Be careful of your wording, hashtags, and shares!
4 – World Cancer Day
- Share a story about cancer in your life (if you’re comfortable).
- Share an educational article about cancer.
- #WorldCancerDay #CancerEducation
7 – National Wear Red Day
- Wear red and encourage your staff/team to wear red.
- Share an article about women’s heart health.
- #NationalWearRedDay #WearRedDay #WeWearRed
13 – Galentine’s Day
- Share how you/your team are celebrating!
- Post “Happy GAL-entine’s Day”.
14 – Valentine’s Day
- Ask your followers what they do on this holiday.
- Share your Valentine’s Day office party.
15 – Singles Awareness Day
- Share a funny post about singles from another page.
- Ask how many of your followers participate in this “holiday”.
- #SinglesAwarenessDay #SAD2020
17 – Presidents Day
- Create a post with a quote from your favorite President.
- Share a picture of your favorite Presidential monument.
25 – Mardi Gras
- Share a post from New Orleans!
- Ask your followers how they plan to celebrate Mardi Gras.
- #MardiGras2020 #MardiGrasParty
29 – Leap Day
- Ask how many people have “Leap Day” birthdays.
- Share interesting facts about Leap Day.
- #LeapDay2020 #LeapYear
1 – Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
- Share your favorite Dr. Seuss quote – but be sure not to use copyrighted imagery!
- Ask your followers what their favorite Dr. Seuss quote or book is.
- #DrSeussBirthday #HappyBirthdayDrSeuss
8 – Daylight Savings Time Begins
- Ask your followers their opinion of Daylight Savings Time.
- Remind your followers about Daylight Savings Time.
- #DST2020 #DaylightSavingsTime
8 – International Women’s Day
- Share a story about influential women in your life.
- Share an #IWD community event.
- #IWD2020 #InternationalWomensDay
12 – National Girl Scout Day
- How do you support Girl Scouts in your community?
- Ask your followers what their favorite Girl Scout Cookie is.
- #GirlScoutDay #NationalGirlScoutDay #GirlScouts
14 – National Pi Day
- Facebook Poll – Do you eat Pie, talk about mathematics, or both on Pi Day?
- Post a picture of a pie or a Pi.
17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- Wish your followers a happy St. Patrick’s Day with a branded post.
- Post a picture of you and/or your staff in green.
- #StPattysDay #SaintPatricksDay #StPatricksDay2020
19 – First Day of Spring
- Post a picture of Spring flowers with positive quote.
- Ask your followers what their favorite Springtime activity is.
- #FirstDayOfSpring #SpringEquinox
23 – National Puppy Day
- Share a picture of your puppy and ask others to do the same!
- Share a post from a puppy organization you care about.
- #NationalPuppyDay #PuppyLove
29 – National Mom & Pop Business Owners Day
- Tag a family-owned business that you love.
- Share your own Small Business story.
- #MomAndPopBusinessOwnersDay #SmallBusinessOwners
- What is the best joke you’ve ever heard?
- Do you love or hate April Fools’ Day?
- #AprilFoolsDay #Joke #LOL
3 – World Party Day
- Share a picture or video of your business/office party!
- What would be your ideal office party?
7 – National Beer Day
- Ask your followers what their favorite brew is.
- Share your favorite brew, why you love it, and tag the brewery.
- #NationalBeerDay #DrinkBeer
10 – National Pet Day
- Ask your followers to share a picture of their pets.
- Share a helpful tip about pet care, either an article or a short blurb.
- #NationalPetDay #PetDayRules #PetDay2020
10 – National Siblings Day
- Share a personal photo and tag your sibling!
- Share your favorite quote about siblings on a beautiful photo.
- #NationalSiblingsDay #SiblingsDay
12 – Easter
- Post your Easter hours (if applicable).
- Keep your post non-religious and light!
15 – Tax Day
- Post a funny quote about taxes.
- Offer a promotion to help alleviate the stress of Tax Day.
- #TaxDay2020 #TaxDaySpecial
16 – National High Five Day
- Film a Boomerang of you giving someone a high five.
- Ask your followers to tag the people they’ve high-fived that day!
- #NationalHighFiveDay #HighFiveDay #HighFivesRule
18 – Husband Appreciation Day
- Shout out and tag your husband.
- Ask your followers what they love the most about their husband.
22 – Administrative Professionals Day
- Feature your Administrative Assistant in a photo or video.
- Ask your followers to tag their favorite Administrative Professional.
- April 22 – Earth Day
- 2020 is Earth Day’s 50th Anniversary!
- Earth Day 2020’s theme is Climate Action.
- Plan an initiative to help the Earth, film a Live video about it!
- Ask your followers what they are doing on Earth Day.
- #EarthDay2020 #EarthDay #ClimateAction
24 – Arbor Day
- Plant a tree, take a Live video or picture!
- Ask your followers what Arbor Day means to them.
- #ArborDay2020 #ArborDay #PlantATree
28 – National Superhero Day
- Share a story about your personal superhero and tag them.
- Post who your favorite movie superhero is – be sure not to use copyrighted imagery!
- Ask your followers which superhero inspires them.
- #NationalSuperheroDay #SuperheroDay
- May 4
– Star Wars Day
- May the 4th be With You – be sure not to use copyrighted imagery!
- Share your favorite Star Wars quote.
- Make Star Wars-themed treats for the office and share a picture!
- #StarWarsDay #MayTheFourth #MayTheFourthBeWithYou
- May 5
– Cinco de Mayo
- Share how you celebrate Cinco de Mayo and honor Mexican-American heritage.
- Ask your followers how they are celebrating today.
- May 7
– World Password Day
- Share best practices for passwords.
- Ask your followers how often they (honestly) update their passwords and encourage them to change them today.
- #WorldPasswordDay #ChangeYourPassword
10 – Mother’s Day
- Share a picture of you and your mom.
- Share your favorite quote about moms on a beautiful photo.
15 – International Day of Families
- Share a picture or video of your family.
- Share a quote about families on a photo overlay.
15 – National Pizza Party Day
- Bring pizza to the office and share a Live video of your party!
- Ask your followers what their favorite pizza toppings are.
- #NationalPizzaPartyDay #PizzaParty
16 – Armed Forces Day
- Honor those who are active duty by sharing your story and tagging those who are currently serving in the military.
- Create a post with a heartfelt quote about this day.
- #ArmedForcesDay #ThankYou
25 – Memorial Day
- Share a personal story about someone you lost who served in the military.
- Create a post thanking our military.
- #MemorialDay #ThankYou
5 – World Environment Day
- Share an inspiring story about the environment, the youth involved, or clean air movements worldwide.
- Create a post that shows something that inspires you about the environment.
- Start a campaign to make a change in your own community!
8 – National Best Friends Day
- Post a picture and tag your best friends.
- Ask your followers to share their favorite memory with their best friend.
- #Besties #NationalBestFriendDay #BestFriends
14 – Flag Day
- Create a post with a quote about the flag or America.
20 – First Day of Summer
- Share what your favorite part of Summer is.
- Ask your followers to post a picture of themselves enjoying the day on your page.
- #FirstDayOfSummer #Summertime #SummerSolstice
21 – Father’s Day
- Share a picture of you and your dad.
- Share something special you do (or did) with your dad.
21 – National Selfie Day
- Take a selfie and encourage your followers to post their own on your page!
- #NationalSelfieDay #SelfieNation
30 – World Social Media Day
- Share a story about how social media has helped your business.
- Ask your followers which platform they use the most.
- #WorldSocialMediaDay #SocialMediaDay #SocialMedia
1 – International Joke Day
- Share your favorite (clean, non-political, non-religious, non-racial) joke.
- Film a live video about how humor helps your life.
4 – Independence Day
- Create a post with an inspirational quote about the United States.
- #IndependenceDay #FourthOfJuly
11 – National Free Slurpee Day
- Select 7-11s give FREE Slurpees on this day!
- Take your team to get slurpees, snap a pic, tag the store.
- Share what your favorite Slurpee flavor is.
- #NationalFreeSlurpeeDay #FreeSlurpees
17 – National Lottery Day
- Ask your followers what they would do if they won the jackpot.
- Share your lottery dream.
19 – National Ice Cream Day
- Share what your favorite flavor of ice cream is, or your favorite ice cream parlor and tag them.
- Share a fact about the most popular flavors of ice cream.
- Throw your team an ice cream party and share a Live video!
- #NationalIceCreamDay #WhatsYourFlavor
26 – National Parents’ Day
- Share a photo of you as a kid with your parents.
- Create a post that has an inspiring quote about parents.
- #NationalParentsDay #ParentsDay
- July 30 – International Friendship Day
- Share a photo with you and your friends and tag them.
- Create a post with an inspirational quote about friendship.
- #InternationalFriendshipDay #FriendshipDay #Friendship
1 – Universal Birthday for Shelter Dogs
- If you have a rescued dog, share their picture and story!
- Ask your followers to share their pictures of their rescued dogs.
- Volunteer at a local shelter and share your experience, tagging the shelter.
- #ShelterDogsBirthday #DOGust
2 – National Sisters Day
- Share a photo or video of your sister, or a friend that is like a sister.
- Ask your followers what Sisters Day means to them.
- #NationalSistersDay #SistersDay
9 – National Book Lovers Day
- Ask your followers what their favorite book is.
- Share your favorite book (include why) and tag the author.
- #NationalBookLoversDay #BookLoversUnite
13 – International Lefthanders Day
- Celebrate the lefthanders in your life with a post that uses Left Handers Day graphics.
- #InternationalLeftHandersDay #LeftHandersUnite #LeftHandersDay
15 – National Relaxation Day
- Share what you do to relax and self-care.
- Share 3 ways your followers can relax effectively .
- If you took the day of to celebrate, take pictures and Live video of what you’re doing!
- #NationalRelaxationDay #RelaxationDay
19 – World Humanitarian Day
- This day honors those who sacrifice so much to make the world a better place, so share your thanks!
- Share a story about how you and/or your business give back.
- #WorldHumanitarianDay #DoGood
27 – National Just Because Day
- Spend your day doing something “just because”! We have expectations every single day, this is a day to unwind and do something fun, different, and unexpected!
- Share pictures or a video from the day.
- Give a gift to a friend or employee, “just because”.
5 – International Day of Charity
- Share a link to the donation page of your favorite charity, or start a Facebook fundraiser for them.
- Organize a give back event with your team at a local charity – Serve a meal at a soup kitchen, Hold a blanket drive, or Clean up a park.
6 – National Read a Book Day
- Share your favorite book or a book that’s related to your business and/or growth – tag the author.
- Ask your followers to share the book they’re reading.
7 – Labor Day
- Promote a sale or special you are offering for this holiday.
- Post a picture of your staff with a thank you message.
10 – World Suicide Prevention Day
- Share an article about suicide prevention that speaks to you.
- Let your followers know where they can get help.
- Visit the WSPD website for collateral.
11 – Patriot Day
- Tell a story about why you’re proud to be an American.
- Share a patriotic motivational quote.
- #PatriotDay #NeverForget
20 – Wife Appreciation Day
- Share a picture of your wife and give her a loving shout-out!
- Run a special promotion that a wife would love.
- #WifeAppreciationDay #LoveMyWife #HappyWifeHappyLife
21 – International Day of Peace
- This is a day devoted to keeping peace despite our differences.
- Observe one minute of silence at noon to commemorate the day.
- Ask your followers to join you!
- #InternationalDayOfPeace #DayOfPeace #PeaceWave
22 – First Day of Fall
- What’s your favorite thing about Fall? Ask your followers and share your own picture or video!
- Share a funny video about Fall.
- Start a Fall-themed photo contest.
- #FirstDayOfFall #FallEquinox
25 – National Cooking Day
- Share your favorite recipe and ask followers to share their own.
- Film a video of you cooking your favorite dish.
- If you don’t cook, share a coupon from your favorite take-out place, and tag them!
29 – International Coffee Day
- Share a picture of coffee with a motivational or funny quote.
- Poll: What’s your favorite coffee place? (example: Starbuck’s, homemade, gas station)
- Buy someone a cup of joe and share a picture!
- #InternationalCoffeeDay #InCoffeeWeMust
30 – International Podcast Day
- Do you have a podcast? Share it!
- Don’t have a podcast? Share and tag your favorite podcast, and ask your followers for their favorites
- #InternationalPodcastDay #Podcasts
2 – World Smile Day
- Show your beautiful smile in a photo or video!
- Post a motivational saying about smiling.
- #WorldSmileDay #SmileMore #SmileDay
4 – National Taco Day
- Poll: What’s your favorite kind of taco? (example: Shredded Chicken, Ground Beef, White Fish)
- Tag your favorite taco restaurant and wish them Happy Taco Day!
10 – World Mental Health Day
- This day raises the conversation about mental health and what we can do to better support mental health.
- Share information from the World Health Organization.
- Share your own mental health story (if you’re comfortable).
- #WHO #WorldMentalHealthDay #MentalHealthDay
16 – National Boss’s Day
- Celebrate your boss with a small gift and shout out on social media.
- If you’re the boss, share what your employees did for you in a picture or video.
- Celebrate yourself with a day off and document what you did in a picture or video!
- #NationalBossDay #BossDay2020
25 – World Pasta Day
- Poll: Which type of pasta dish is your favorite? (example: Lasagna, Butter Noodles, Fun Shapes)
- Share your favorite pasta dish recipe.
- Share a fun fact about pasta that relates to your heritage.
27 – National Mentoring Day
- Share an experience you’ve had with a mentor or a mentee.
- Ask your followers to tag their own mentors.
- #NationalMentoringDay #MentoringRocks
29 – International Internet Day
- This commemorates the day that the first electronic message was successfully sent from one computer to another, in 1969.
- Share what you love the most about the internet!
- Post a motivational quote about technology and inclusion.
- #InternationalInternetDay #InternetDay
31 – Halloween
- Share Halloween safety tips based on your demographic.
- Host a Halloween costume contest with your staff and ask your followers to vote!
1 – Daylight Saving Time Ends
- Remind your followers in a fun way to “Fall Back”!
- Ask your followers what they think of the time change, if it messes with their day, etc.
- #DaylightSavingTime #DST2020
2 – National Deviled Egg Day
- Do you love deviled eggs? Share your favorite recipe!
- Make deviled eggs for your team or your family and take pictures.
- #NationalDeviledEggDay #DeviledEggs
3 – Election Day
- Stay away from your political opinions!
- Encourage your followers to vote.
- Share a live video of yourself submitting your ballot.
- #ElectionDay #Vote
5 – American Football Day
- Who is your football team? Shout them out by sharing a post from their page. Be sure not to use logos that you don’t have a license for!
- Share what your favorite football tradition is, ask your followers what they do during football season.
- #AmericanFootballDay #ILoveFootball
11 – Veterans Day
- Share a patriotic post on top of a photo of your favorite American landmark.
- Write a heartfelt thank you to U.S. veterans.
- #VeteransDay #ThankYouVeterans
11 – Singles Day
- Singles Day is a massive online shopping day in China that is becoming more popular in the United States.
- Share your favorite online shopping platform.
- If you’re single, share your favorite part of being single, and how you plan on celebrating!
15 – National Philanthropy Day
- This day celebrates charitable activities of all types.
- Organize a fundraiser or drive for your favorite charity, encourage your followers, family, and staff to participate.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser for your favorite nonprofit organization.
- #NationalPhilanthropyDay #GiveBack
20 – National Entrepreneur’s Day
- Are you an entrepreneur or business owner? Share your story about how you started, or your favorite part of being self-employed. Inspire others!
- Tag your most inspiring entrepreneur or business owner, share why they inspire you.
26 – Thanksgiving Day
- Wish your followers a happy Thanksgiving with a branded post.
- Share a video or picture of you and your family.
- Write a short post about what you’re thankful for, and ask your followers to do the same.
- #HappyThanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #Thankful
27 – Black Friday
- One of the largest shopping days of the year!
- If you have a product or service to sell, provide a discount or incentive for people to shop with you.
- #BlackFriday #BlackFridaySale
28 – Small Business Saturday
- Support your favorite local business by shopping there, snapping a picture, and tagging the business.
- Encourage your followers to shop local and share their pictures with you!
- #ShopLocal #SmallBusinessSaturday #SupportLocal
30 – Cyber Monday
- What have you been waiting to purchase online today? Share what it is and tag the retailer!
- If you sell products or services online, provide a discount or special valid for today only.
- #CyberMonday #CyberMondaySale #ShopOnline
2 – Giving Tuesday
- Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement encouraging people to do good however they can.
- Choose a cause you are passionate about and start a fundraiser or drive for them! Ask your followers to support your passion.
- Share how you’re giving back today with a picture or video.
- Share your favorite nonprofit’s page and ask for donations on Facebook.
7 – Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- Share a patriotic quote to honor those lives lost in Pearl Harbor.
- #PearlHarborDay #PearlHarborRemembranceDay
10 – 18 Hanukkah
- Wish your followers a happy Hanukkah with a branded post!
- Share a fun fact about Hanukkah, or what your favorite tradition of the holiday is.
11 – International Mountain Day
- Did you know that mountains and the people living in them are at risk because of environmental factors and overexploitation? International Mountain Day is an opportunity to educate about this cause.
- Share your favorite mountain and ask your followers to share their own favorites.
- Is climbing a mountain on your bucket list? Share your dream!
16 – National Chocolate-Covered Anything Day
- What’s your favorite chocolate treat?
- Share your best chocolate-covered something recipe.
21 – First Day of Winter
- What is your favorite thing about Winter?
- Share a saying about wintertime over a beautiful winter photo.
- #FirstDayOfWinter #WinterSolstice
23 – Festivus
- This holiday was originally created as an alternative to the commercialism surrounding Christmas.
- Post a funny saying about Festivus, but be sure not to use copyrighted Seinfeld photos!
- #FestivusForTheRestOfUs #Festivus
25 – Christmas
- Wish your followers a Merry Christmas with a branded post!
- Share a Christmas tradition that you and your family enjoy.
- Stay away from religious posts, as you don’t want to ostracize followers who are not Christian.
- #MerryChristmas #ChristmasTraditions
26 – Kwanzaa
- Kwanzaa is an African-American celebration of life.
- Did you know there are seven principles, or Nguzo Saba, during Kwanzaa festivities? Each day of Kwanzaa emphasizes a different principle.
31 – New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Eve is all about new beginnings! What would you like to accomplish in the new year?
- Ask your followers to share their accomplishments from the past year and celebrate them together.
- #NewYearsEve #NYE #HappyNewYear